Switzerland, a dreamland

Switzerland is truely a dreamland. Even the word 'beautiful' doesn't do justice to this place. I got a chance to visit this lovely place on an academic tour during my MBA days. I stayed here for 14 days and believe me, every second spent there was worth it.

Switzerland is a paradise on earth. The Euro trains are awesome, you could enjoy the greenery, cows grazing with bells hanging in their neck, the beautiful vintage houses, sightseeing while travelling long hours from one city to another. I was there in the month of August and it was a perfect time to explore this place. Jungfraujoch, the top of Europe, is at 10,000 feet height and one has to take Jungfraujoch Railway which goes through the heart of the mountains and up to the highest train station in Europe. It has this amazing ice palace, where everything is at -0 deg and I looked like a Pinocchio there with my red nose. Glacier 3000 is another place for snow lovers. 

As there is a lot of travelling from one city to another, so it is preferable if you can buy a Swiss pass which works for all buses and trains. I visited Geneva, Zurich, Interlaken, Basel, Jungfraujoch, 3000 Glacier etc. In Geneva,  there is a cruise which takes you all around the beautiful Lake Geneve. Interlaken is my favorite city, The senere landscape, the lush green lands, the river making its way amid the rocks, the lake surrounded by grey hills, all this makes Interlaken beautiful. While enjoying this beauty, I just didn't feel like blinking my eyes even for a second. 


Basel city is a small city with some great, old churches and boasts some ancient history. Zurich is more of a cosmopolitan city. People take hop-on-hop-off bus tours to explore this big city. I had my flight back from Zurich and I almost hated to go back.

Switzerland is a perfect place to shop for Swiss chocolates, watches, swiss knives and I went overboard with it. Don't forget to buy cow bells (also called Toupins) as a souvenir.

So, folks plan to visit this nature's wonderland sometime and mark my words you will love every bit of it.


Some Recommendations
  • Travelling- Switzerland is huge and travelling is expensive there even by trains. So, try to get a Euro Rail pass which works on all Swiss trains, buses and cruises. It is value for money. 
  • Best time to go- Spring and summer are the best times to visit this beautiful place. I visited in August and it was just perfect. 
  • Important Things to carry- carry a jacket even while travelling in summer, as it is cold in Jungfrau, top of Europe if you are visiting there.


Comments