A peekabo with the Broadway

Phantom of the Opera, The Book of Mormon, Kinky boots, Wicked, The Lion King. Do they ring a bell or two? They are all Broadway shows running in selected cities across the globe, NYC being one of them. New York is ofter called the Broadway city as it hosts world famous shows in the heart of the city known as the theatre district.

Last week I got a chance to see the Book of Mormon, which is the No.1 Broadway show running off lately in NY. This show is overbooked for months and you really need to shell out a lot to get relatively good seats.

Most of us like to book the show tickets online because of the convenience. But my experience says that if you buy the tickets in person at the booking window then you get really cheap and good seats. I somehow got lucky with the Book of Mormon. I bought the tickets at the booking window and to my astonishment I got the mezzanine row seats with full view for $69. Whoa...!! killer, isn't is? May be it was one of those days in life when your luck smiles on you. I am short of words to talk about the show, it's marvelous, stupendous, entertaining with an adult twist to it. Don't make the mistake of watching it with kids, its' an adult comedy. 

Wicked is another Broadway I saw recently. It is based on the book 'The Wizard of Oz'.

Well, what more should I say about Broadway shows. If you have been to new york and not seen any Broadway then you surely missed something.

Comments